Approval and Clearance

 

This journey so far has been quite interesting and I find myself waiting for the "transactional" part to be behind us so we can get onto the next phase. Well, actually, if I'm being honest, I'm not really looking forward to the next phase either, which is the meds. I'm pretty nervous about the PIO; even the Lupron injections, which are just subcutaneous. But even though this "transactional" part seems to be dragging on, there have been some exciting updates that I would love to share. 

In the last post I shared our story and how it all began. We were in the process of sending my medical records off to the fertility clinic that currently has the frozen embryo. In all of that, the IM decided to look into local clinics that would be willing to work with a private surrogacy and she was able to find a doctor local to us who was very excited to be a part of this story. Now that we are with a local clinic, it will make the monitoring much easier for me and the IP's because we won't have to travel. 

Last month we both had a virtual consultation with him, and then I went in to the clinic to have a ultrasound and physical. My uterus looked great and he said I was approved to work with the clinic. The doctor then told me that, as long as my labs came back good, I would be cleared for transfer. He also did a practice transfer to make sure he would be able to do it and that went perfectly. 





After the ultrasound, the IM and I went to go celebrate my being approved and medically cleared for transfer (may seem premature, since I hadn't gone to even do my labs yet, but we were both confident nothing would turn up). 


I went in to do labs right away, since I was scheduled to starts meds in early December and we wouldn't be able to move forward with that until we had legal figured out and finalized, and I needed the labs back ASAP to be medically cleared. It is seriously such a calculated and methodical process, which is surprising me each time something small has to happen before something big can happen. 


Apart from the fact that I had a false-positive for "narcotics", which actually turned out to be the Benadryl I took a few times for some allergic reaction I had to something, I was medically cleared by the fertility clinic! 


Now we are finalizing the terms of the contract to get it sent to the IP's lawyer so she can draft it up. Once it goes to my lawyer for review and we agree on all terms, we can sign the contract and have this "transactional" part done. I already have my schedule for meds and we have a transfer date, which I will share with you all soon. 

But first the IM and I have to drive down to the fertility clinic with a cryo tank to get the frozen embryo and bring it to the clinic up here. That will be a fun adventure, I'm sure! I don't have to go, but the clinic is in my home town and since the two of us are friends, I am happy to go with and make a trip of it. 

So far, I'm feeling a bit anxious and impatient. This first leg of the journey has been a bit taxing and exhausting for this HSP and introvert. I guess that is why an agency has it's perks - they take care of all of this legwork for you. But for me, the opportunity to help my past clients is well worth the mental capacity depletion I am currently experiencing. I know that once we do the transfer... once we get a positive pregnancy test,,, once we get a heartbeat... once I transfer into midwifery care... things should mellow out..........